If the problems would continue and lead to postponing the conference, the present submission remains valid.
Dear Luminescence Researchers,
The recent outbreak of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) causes great concern around the world and affects international meetings and international travel. The National and International Organizing Committees of the International Conference on Luminescence follow the developments closely as the ICL2020 meeting will be held in Changchun, China, August 10-14, 2020.
Recently emergency levels have been lowered in all of China, except the Wuhan area, and we anticipate that travel to China will be normalized in the coming months so that the ICL2020 meeting will not be affected. If travel restrictions will remain, the organizing committees will find a solution which may involve postponing the ICL2020 meeting.
For now, we encourage all researchers in the field of luminescence to submit abstracts and to register for the meeting at https://www.icl2020.org. If the ICL2020 would be cancelled, there will be a full refund of registration fees.
We count on your participation and support to continue the long series of successful ICL meetings after the wonderful meeting we experienced in Brazil three years ago. We will keep you updated on developments and look forward to meeting you in Changchun at the ICL2020 meeting. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Dear ICL2020 Potential Participants,
We know the last several weeks have been challenging for many countries due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are monitoring the news and information related to the epidemic and are making appropriate decisions for our meetings based on sound information and guidance provided by the World Health Organization (WHO) and CDC of China.
Our schedule is to hold the ICL2020 meeting on August 10–14, 2020. If you have an abstract you would like to submit, but are uncertain about the status of the meeting, we encourage you to submit your abstract for this important meeting. You don’t have to make a registration or travel decision until we get closer to the event.
If conditions do not improve by mid-May, we prepare to postpone the meeting to the same period of 2021. We will communicate with you in mid-May whether we need to make a postponement decision.
We assure you that we will not cancel this meeting. Presenters who commit to this meeting will be able to present their research either in August this year or next year (you can update your presentation if the meeting postponed) in Changchun.
ICL International Program Committee and Local Organizers